Hint* Use a Glass-Bottom Springform Pan. I find it works amazing when making ice cream. You don’t have to worry about getting all the layers out, you just unclip the cake pan and voila!
Make the chocolate cake first to let it cool and then use the same cake pan to make the ice-cream mold.
To make the crust:
- Melt about 1/2 cup of soy butter and mixed it with oreo baking crumbs. I put this mixture at the bottom of the cakepan to form a cookie crumb crust.
To make the ice-cream layer:
- This next step is easier, if, you let the coconut milk ice-cream sit out a while to make it easier to mold into the cake pan.
- Squeeze the whole container out onto a cutting board and cut it into 2″ thick pieces and place them in the cake pan. Using a wooden spoon I push the ice-cream down and smooth it out.
Putting it all together:
- Place the cooled chocolate cake right on top of the ice-cream, cling wrap it still in the cake pan and put it in the freezer.
- I’ve made this up to a week before and left-overs keep really well in the freezer.
- It helps to thaw the cake for 20 minutes before you need to cut it.
- I like to sprinkle oreo crumbs or colored sprinkles on top as well and decorate with non-food items.