*Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Peanut/Nut-Free
PDF Chocolate Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 8x8in baking pan (or cupcakes)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, cocoa, powder and baking soda. Mix well with a fork.
- Stir in oil, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- When dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened, pour in cold water and stir until batter is smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
**** I have also turned this into an ice cream cake and it is delicious. Please see ice cream cake recipe.