- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 egg beaten (or for egg-free use 1 ½ tablespoon cornstarch)
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs (allergy friendly bread crumbs use Cornflake crumbs – sold with the other bread crumbs, in a box, pre-crushed)
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter (or soy butter)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush a medium-size oven-safe skillet with the canola oil; set aside
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, egg, bread crumbs, 3 tablespoon of the chives, curry, salt and pepper. Form into 18 1 ½ inch balls and place snugly in prepared skillet in rows. Bake for 25 minutes or until done. Let rest in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to a shallow dish. Place skillet on stove over medium-high heat. Add the broth and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits. Continue to let boil gently until liquid had reduced to about ¼ cup (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in the butter and pour sauce over meatballs. Garnish with remaining chives.