*Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Peanut/Nut-Free
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Used to replace egg
- If using an egg, no vinegar required
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- If using egg, only use 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups coarsely grated apple (not peeled)
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 12-cup muffin pan
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, granulated sugar and canola oil until mixed well. Beat in vinegar (or 1 egg) and vanilla until blended.
- In a medium bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon. Using wooden spoon, stir into sugar mixture until combined.
- Stir in apple and applesauce
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
Bake for 20-25 min or until tester inserted in the centre comes out clean